Campus & Facilities
Cannon River STEM School occupies four buildings on the nearly 60-acre St. James Campus of Shattuck-St. Mary’s School in Faribault, Minnesota. (CRSS is not affiliated with Shattuck-St. Mary’s, but leases the facility from Shattuck.)
The main classroom building, Old Main, was built between 1860 and 1880. It was originally the St. James School for Boys, seen below in a photograph from the 1910s (photo courtesy of Shattuck-St. Mary’s). Old Main currently houses grades 1-4, the media center and the administrative offices. Grades 5-8 are located in our Middle School Building. Kindergarten is located in renovated space in the dormitory building.
Old Main circa 1910